The DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier board TI DRV8825 micro bipolar stepper motor drive is a breakthrough. The module has a pinout and interfaces with our A4988 stepper motor driver carrier is almost the same, so it can be used as a better performance of the pull-down menu board replacement in many applications. DRV8825 features an adjustable current limit, overcurrent and overtemperature protection, six micro-resolution (down 1/32-step). It uses 8.2 – 45 V, can provide up to about 1.5 per phase no heat sink or forced air flow (rated up to 2.2 per volume sufficient additional cooling).
- A simple steps and direction control interface.
- Six different steps resolutions: full-step, half step, 1/4-step1/8-step1/16-step, 1/32-step.
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems.
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, overcurrent shutdown, under-voltage lockout.
- Short to ground short circuit load protection.
- 4 Layer 2 oz copper PCB, in order to improve heat dissipation.
- Exposed solder ground below the bottom of the driver IC on the printed circuit board pad.
- Module size, pin and interface match A4988 stepper motor driver operators in many ways.
- Adjustable current control lets you set a potentiometer, which lets you use the stepper motor’s rated voltage or more, in order to achieve a higher rate of maximum output current step.
- Intelligent chopping control automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay).
- Maximum 45 V supply voltage.
- built-in voltage regulator (the need for any external logic supply voltage).
- Size: 1.5mmX2mm (same as 4988)
- Drive current: 2.5A
- Subdivision: 1,1 / 2,1 / 4,1 / 8,1 / 16,1 / 32
- Manufacturing process: SMT placement machine manufacturing, non-manual welding, higher yield, more stable performance.
- Need to drive stepper motor occasions.
- Is to build 3d printer, CNC, engraving machine and other essential modules.
- Supported 3d printers are Prusa Mendel, Ultimaker, Printrbot, MakerBot and so on.