- Power req: 5 VDC at 40 mA
- Infrared source: Peak at 880 nm
- Dimension: 75 mm gate width
- Output is high and LED off for the unblocked gate
- Output is low and LED on for blocked gate
- Beam approximately 9 mm from the end of the gate arms
Photogate for Vernier LabQuest 3
Photogates allow for extremely accurate timing of events within physics experiments, for studying free fall, air track collisions, pendulum periods, the speed of a rolling object, among other things. The Vernier Photogate includes an accessory rod for mounting to a ring stand.
The gate has an input port so multiple gates can be connected in a daisy-chain configuration with up to four gates going to a single interface channel.
The laser gate mode requires the addition of a common pen laser, which is directed into the laser port. The laser may be some distance from the gate so that you can measure the speed of larger objects such as a rocket, model car, or even a real automobile.