The Go Direct Force and Acceleration Sensor couples a 3-axis accelerometer with a stable and accurate force sensor that measures forces as small as ±0.1 N and up to ±50 N. Measure pushes and pulls in the classroom or outdoors. It connects via Bluetooth® wireless technology or via USB to your device.
The Go Direct Force and Acceleration Sensor includes a force sensor, 3-axis accelerometer, and 3-axis gyroscope. Take it on a roller coaster, swing, or slide. Suspend several Go Direct Force and Acceleration Sensors from the ceiling to perform a 3-D vector force experiment, or attach a string to the hook and whirl it in a horizontal or vertical circle. In wireless mode, your imagination is the only limiting factor!
Go Direct Force and Acceleration can be used in a variety of experiments:
- Investigate Newton’s Third Law by connecting the hooks of two force sensors with a rubber band.
- Use the force sensor to pull an object across a surface to measure frictional forces.
- Attach the force sensor to the Centripetal Force Apparatus to measure centripetal force and acceleration simultaneously.
- Place sensors on Dynamics Carts to investigate forces and accelerations in collisions.
- Connect to Scratch 3 and enhance your activity with sensor input to control your sprite