This Vernier Optical DO Probe uses luminescent technology to provide fast, easy, and accurate results, making it a terrific choice for biology, ecology, or environmental science courses. Students can measure dissolved oxygen concentration in surface water or to perform a wide variety of experiments to determine changes in dissolved oxygen levels, one of the primary indicators of the quality of an aquatic environment.
- Plug-and-play technology–no filling solution, warm-up time, stirring, or calibration necessary
- Built-in temperature and pressure compensation
- Easy maintenance
- Switch setting to measure in units of mg/L or % saturation
The Optical DO Probe cap is warranted to be free from defects for a period of two years from the date of purchase. With proper use, the lifetime of the cap may be longer than two years.
- Range: 0 to 20 mg/L (or ppm), 0 to 300%
- ±0.2 mg/L below 10 mg/L
- ±0.4 mg/L above 10 mg/L
- ±2% below 100%
- ±5% above 100%
- Response Time: 90% of final reading in 40 seconds
- Typical Resolution: 0.006 mg/L
- Temperature Compensation: automatic from 0–50°C
- Pressure Compensation: automatic from 228 mmHg to 1519 mmHg
- Minimum sample flow: none