These durable (but affordable!) gearbox motors are an easy, low-cost way to get your projects moving. This is a TT DC All-Metal Gearbox Motor with a gear ratio of 1:90 about double of the 'standard' 1:48 ratio. That gives them higher torque but slower rotational speed. Since they're slower they're good for robots where strength is more important than speed.
They look a lot like our yellow all-plastic-gearbox motors but these have all of the motor gears machined from steel, so they won't strip as easily, and they're twice as slow (and twice as powerful) given their lower gearbox ratio. The metal gears also mean they're louder when running.
You can power these motors with 3VDC up to 6VDC, they'll of course go a little faster at the higher voltages. We grabbed one motor and found these stats when running it from a bench-top supply
- At 3VDC we measured 80mA @ 60 RPM no-load, and 0.5 Amps when stalled
- At 4.5VDC we measured 90mA @ 90 RPM no-load, and 0.8 Amps when stalled
- At 6VDC we measured 100mA @ 120 RPM no-load, and 1.0 Amps when stalled
- Rated Voltage: 3~6V
- Continuous No-Load Current: 100mA +/- 10%
- Min. Operating Speed (3V): 60+/- 10% RPM
- Min. Operating Speed (6V): 120+/- 10% RPM
- Gear Ratio: 1:90
- Body Dimensions: 70 x 22 x 18mm
- Weight: 34.6g