Our VNH2SP30 Motor Driver is high-current and full-bridge motor controller used for bi-directional, and speed control of a brushed dc motor.
Our motor drivers have maximum current ratings of 30 A continuous. However, the chips by themselves will overheat at lower currents. The actual current you can deliver will depend on how well you can keep the motor driver cool. The carrier printed circuit board is designed to draw heat out of the motor driver chips, but performance can be improved by adding a heat sink.
Note: When using our VNH2SP30 Motor Driver in extreme high-demand applications it may be necessary to improve thermal performance with a heat-sink or fan and to solder the wires directly to the board instead of using a screw terminal.
- Voltage max: 16V
- Maximum current rating: 30 A
- Practical Continuous Current: 14 A
- Current sensing available to Arduino analogue pin
- MOSFET on-resistance: 19 mΩ (per leg)
- Maximum PWM frequency: 20 kHz
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage and Overvoltage shutdown